The symbol of our Community flows from our mission and values. The blazing
heart at the center of the cross symbolizes that our foundation is in Christ. The
Four Gospels stretch forth from this foundation as the key scriptures from which
we live. (This does not limit our scriptural study, of course – it merely serves as
a guidepost from which to work.) The Gospels and the love and compassion of
Christ pierce the heart of each of us, leading us to a life of Community. Each of
us strives to know, love and serve the Lord in our own unique way, and yet be a
part of the total body of Christ.
* The Gospel is represented by the four letters on the cross. The Synoptic
Gospels rest on the branches of the cross, while the Gospel of John is on
the trunk - the foundation of the cross.
* The love of Jesus for this world and its people
flows up from John into the branches of the cross.
This love is represented by the heart at the
center of the cross, where it spreads out into
* The Gospel is our core reason for prayer.
* The Gospel is our core resource for study.
* The Gospel is our core example for service.
* The cross does not carry the broken body of
Christ. He is risen and is now active among us.
* Our Cross rests on the Rock, the Christ, the
Cornerstone that was rejected.
* We wear the cross over our hearts, the temple
of God, to remind us of this love as we move
through every moment of the day.
* Each of us strives to know, love and serve the Lord
in our own unique way, and yet be a part of the total
body of Christ.